April Agenda-Advances in CMP Consumables, Materials and Tools
- Keynote Talk, Suresh Ramarajan, Senior Director NVM Process Development Engineering, Micron Technology (Not Available)
- Method for Studying the Effect of Conditioner Design and Polisher Kinematics on Fluid Flow Characteristics during CMP, Juan Cristobal Mariscal, University of Arizona
- Low Particle Size Ceria STI Slurry Designed for High Performance Dishing and Nitride Loss, Edmund Chu, Ferro
- The Development of Post-CMP Cleans to Address New Challenges in Advanced Device Manufacturing, Paul Bernatis, DuPont EKC Technology (Not Available)
- Effect of Conditioner Wear on the Tribological, Thermal, Kinetic and Pad Microtextural Characteristics in ILD CMP, Hossein Dadashazar, University of Arizona
- Computer Simulation for Understanding of CMP Process, Akira Endou, Fujimi Incorporated
- High Quality Test Wafer and Analysis For CMP Process, Consumables and Materials, Yasuji Moriki, AMT
- Okamoto 300mm Final Polish System, Bob Pinto, Okamoto
February Agenda-NCCAVS Users Group Joint Technical Symposium
- Next Generation Energy Storage Technologies, Subramanya (Subra) Herle, Applied Materials
- Solid-state Thin Film Batteries Take a Page Out of the 3D Transistor Play Books, J.R. Gaines, Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Advances and Challenges with Rechargeable Lithium-Air Batteries, Dave Sopchak, Coulombic, Inc.
- Peak Power Impact on Battery Cycle Life, Naoki Matsumura, Intel
- Directly Converting Heat to Electricity using Compact, Microfabricated Thermionic Devices, Jared Schwede, Spark Thermionics (N/A)
- AlN-based Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting, Mary Ann Maher, SoftMEMS (N/A)
- Tribute to John W. Coburn, David Graves, U.C. Berkeley
- How to Make Manufacturing of LEDs Truly Green, Prasad N. Gadgil, Atomic Precision Systems
- GaN HEMT Electronics for Extreme Environments, Saleh Kargarrazi, Stanford XLab
- Conversion Technologies for Generating, Transmitting, and Storing Energy, Joint Users Group Technical Symposium
- Selection of Battery and Charging Algorithm to Extend Battery and Cycle Life, Naoki Matsumura
July Agenda-CMP Technology and Market Trends
- Global Manufacturing Update – Opportunities and Pitfalls for Manufacturers in 2nd half of 2018 and beyond, Len Jelinek, IHS Insights
- Next Gen CMP Challenges for 3D Memory Architectures, Sai Vegunta, Micron
- Investigation of NMR-based Surface Area Measurement as a Quality Monitor for Nanoparticle Silica Abrasives, Olga Samsonenka, Andy Kim, University of Washington
- New Insights into the Tribological and Kinetic Attributes of Retaining Rings in Chemical Mechanical Planarization, Gabriela Diaz a, Lauren Peckler a, Yasa Sampurno a,b , Ara Philipossian a,b, a University of Arizona, b Araca Incorporated
- Molecular Design of CMP Consumables for Advanced (<10nm) Processing Technologies, Michael E. Mills, DOW Electronic Materials
- New Paradigms in CMP Consumables, Rajeev Bajaj, Applied Materials
- Developing Robust Quality Systems for CMP Solid Consumables, Alex Tregub, Intel
- Impact of Advanced Memory Technologies on CMP Industry, Mike Corbett, Linx Consulting
- Formulated Products for W CMP, Chun Lu, Versum Materials
June Agenda-Joint User Group (CMP, PAG, & TFUG) Meeting: Advanced Packaging Technology
- Monolithic Integration of GaN Sensors and Electronics for Harsh Environments, Dr. Caitlin Chapin, XLab (Not Available)
- Equipment and Process Challenges for the Advanced Packaging Landscape, Laura Rothman Mauer, Veeco Instruments, Inc.
- Heterogeneous Integration Needs Heterogeneous Package Assembly, Annette Teng, Promex Industries
- Fan-out IC Packaging Trends and the Impact on Equipment Capital Structures (e.g., Wafer Processing Versus Traditional PCB Styles) Today and in the Future, Jon Woodyard, SiPAQ, LLC
- Low temperature, low damage plasma technologies for advanced packaging applications, David Lishan, Plasma-Therm, Inc.
- CMP and Current Trends Related to Advanced Packaging, Robert L. Rhoades, Ph.D., Entrepix
April Agenda-Advances in CMP Consumables, Materials, and Tools
- Outlook for CMP Consumables, Mike Corbett, Linx Consulting
- Recent Trend of CMP Equipment Platform and its Requirement of Process and Consumables: BEOL CMP, Sunghoon Lee, GlobalFoundries
- Particle Developments as an Enabler of Next Generation Ceria Slurries, Nate Urban, Ferro
- Almost Complete Removal of sub-90nm Ceria Particles from Silicon Dioxide Surfaces, Jihoon Seo, Clarkson University
- Studying Effects of Surfactants on CMP Slurries with Holographic Characterization, Laura Philips, Spheryx Inc.
- Reduced Cost of Ownership Oxide CMP Process using 300mm Consumables for 200mm Processing, Christopher Eric Brannon, Texas Instruments
- 3D Trajectories, Diffusion, and Interaction Energies of Ceria Particles on Glass Surfaces, Akshay Gowda, Clarkson University
- High Efficiency Post-CMP Cleans for Advanced FEOL and MOL Applications, Paul Bernatis, Dupont-EKC Technology (pdf N/A)
- Tuning Wear Rate and Surface Finish of CMP Pads via Precise Control of Pad Conditioner Features, Matthew Fritz, 3M Company
- Tribocorrosion Mechanism for Tungsten Void in CMP in-situ Cleaning, Hong Jin Kim, Global Foundries
- Assay Characterization of Industrial CMP Slurries Based on Densitometry, Refractive Index and Dynamic Light Scattering, Leticia Vázquez Bengochea, University of Arizona
- Advanced Cu CMP Slurries for Advances Node Cu CMP Applications, Tom Shi, Versum Materials
- Cobalt Buff Step CMP for Middle of the Line Applications and Reduction in Slurry Consumption Using a Novel Slurry Injection System, Calliandra Stuffle, University of Arizona
February Agenda-NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Process, Materials, and Technology Innovation for Smart Devices, Displays, and Internet of Things
- Reliability for the 21st Century: Meeting Challenges of New Technologies and New Markets, (Plenary Talk) Milena Vujosevic
- Development and R2R Scale up of a Hybrid Printed CMOS Silicon TFT Process, Patricia Beck, Thin Film Electronics
- Tool Design Considerations for Advanced Atomic Layer Deposition, Duane Bingaman, Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Electron Heating in Sputtering Magnetrons, Andre Anders, LBNL, Leibniz Institute of Surface Engineering
- Plasma-based Thin Film Depositions: Applications, Limitations, Our Improvements, and Case Studies in Battery, Photovoltaic, Non-volatile Memory, and Medical Devices Applications, George Guo, Ascentool Inc.
- Can a New Materials Innovation in Thin Film Optical Applications be Faster and Cheaper?, Guowen Ding, Labforinvention Corp.
- A Quantitative Approach to Optical Emission Spectroscopy, Frank Papa, Gencoa
- Thin Film Roadmap for Solid State Li Metal Batteries, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
- Solid-state Thin Film Batteries in 3D, J.R. Gaines, Jr., Kurt J. Lesker Company
February Agenda-NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Novel Materials, Processes, and Devices for Future Generation Electronics
- Mechanisms of Plasma Therapy (Plenary Talk), David Graves, UC Berkeley
- Large-Scale, Thin-Film Battery, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
- Inkjet Printing for Manufacturing of Flexible and Large-Size OLEDs, Jeff Hebb, Kateeva
- Rapid Materials and Device Innovation for Non-Volatile Memory Applications, Larry Chen, Intermolecular
- BEOL Interconnect Innovations for Improving Performance, Paul Besser, Lam Research
- Nanoscale Chemical Imaging & Topography with Photo-induced Force Microscopy, Thomas R. Albrecht, Molecular Vista, Inc.
- Material Innovation for Non-Volatile Memory Selectors, Larry Chen, Mark Clark, Charlene Chen, Milind Weling, Intermolecular
April Agenda– Spring Meeting: Advances in CMP Consumables, Materials, and Tools
- High Rate Acidic Slurries, Julia Kozhukh, Dow
- Holographic Characterization of Agglomerates, Fook Cheong, Spheryx
- Stribeck Curve Improvements for Cu and WCMP on Soft Pads, Ara Philipossian, University of Arizona and Araca Inc.
- Enhanced Material Removal Rate for III/V Semiconductors, Bahar Basim, and Sebnem Ozbek, Ozyegin University
- CMP of Divinylsiloxane-bis-benzocylcobutene (DVS-BCB or BCB) low-k ILD Polymer, Zenon Carlos, Hughes Research Labs
- Bulk Cu CMP: Development and challenges of high removal rate, low topography slurries, James McDonough, Fujifilm Planar Solutions LLC
- High Performance Pad Conditioning (HPPC) Arm for Advanced Pad Conditioning, Raghava Kakireddy, Applied Materials
- The Impact of Sample Containers on Large Particle Count for CMP slurries, Brian Kim, Fujimi Corporation
June Agenda– Joint CMPUG/TFUG Meeting: 3D Packaging Technology
- Monolithic 3D Integration Using Standard Fab and Standard Transistors, Zvi Or-Bach, Monolithic 3D Inc.
- Reliability of ultra-fine RDL Structures in Advanced Packaging Patterned by Excimer Laser Ablation, Markus Arendt, SUSS MicroTec Photonic Systems, Inc.
- CMP and Current Trends Related to Advanced Packaging, Robert L. Rhoades, Entrepix, Inc.
- Fabrication and Reliability of Ultra-Fine RDL Structures in Advanced Packaging by Excimer Laser Ablation, Markus Arendt, SÜSS MicroTec Photonic Systems Inc.
July Agenda (SEMICON West) – CMP Technology & Market Trends
- Handset Demand Poised to Drive Second Half Surge in Semiconductors, Len Jelinek, IHS Insights
- Challenges in Cleaning Tungsten and Cobalt for advanced node Post CMP and Post Etch Residue Removal Applications, Michael White, Entegris
- Effect of Water Dilution and Method of Slurry Dispense on Silicon Dioxide Removal Rate for STI CMP using a Ceria Slurry, Matthew Bahr, Ara Philipossian, University of Arizona
- Status of CMP Materials, Marty DeGroot, DOW Electronic Materials
- CMP in Photonics Area, Frank Tolic, AIM Photonics
- Sub-Aperture Ion-Milling based Planarization, Allan Biegaj, SCIA Systems
- Developments in CMP and Impact on CMP Consumables, Mike Corbett, Linx Consulting
- New Regulatory Requirements for Nanoscale Materials Under the U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Sanjay Baliga, SEMI