February Agenda-NCCAVS Users Group Joint Technical Symposium
- Next Generation Energy Storage Technologies, Subramanya (Subra) Herle, Applied Materials
- Solid-state Thin Film Batteries Take a Page Out of the 3D Transistor Play Books, J.R. Gaines, Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Advances and Challenges with Rechargeable Lithium-Air Batteries, Dave Sopchak, Coulombic, Inc.
- Peak Power Impact on Battery Cycle Life, Naoki Matsumura, Intel
- Directly Converting Heat to Electricity using Compact, Microfabricated Thermionic Devices, Jared Schwede, Spark Thermionics (N/A)
- AlN-based Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting, Mary Ann Maher, SoftMEMS (N/A)
- Tribute to John W. Coburn, David Graves, U.C. Berkeley
- How to Make Manufacturing of LEDs Truly Green, Prasad N. Gadgil, Atomic Precision Systems
- GaN HEMT Electronics for Extreme Environments, Saleh Kargarrazi, Stanford XLab
February Agenda-NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Process, Materials, and Technology Innovation for Smart Devices, Displays, and Internet of Things
- Reliability for the 21st Century: Meeting Challenges of New Technologies and New Markets, (Plenary Talk) Milena Vujosevic
- Development and R2R Scale up of a Hybrid Printed CMOS Silicon TFT Process, Patricia Beck, Thin Film Electronics
- Tool Design Considerations for Advanced Atomic Layer Deposition, Duane Bingaman, Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Electron Heating in Sputtering Magnetrons, Andre Anders, LBNL, Leibniz Institute of Surface Engineering
- Plasma-based Thin Film Depositions: Applications, Limitations, Our Improvements, and Case Studies in Battery, Photovoltaic, Non-volatile Memory, and Medical Devices Applications, George Guo, Ascentool Inc.
- Can a New Materials Innovation in Thin Film Optical Applications be Faster and Cheaper?, Guowen Ding, Labforinvention Corp.
- A Quantitative Approach to Optical Emission Spectroscopy, Frank Papa, Gencoa
- Thin Film Roadmap for Solid State Li Metal Batteries, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
July Agenda-Updates on New Technologies & Devices: 2018
- High Performance High Temperature Ion Implanter (IMPHEAT) for Manufacturing SiC Power Devices, Naoya Takahashi, Nissin Ion Equipment
- Dual Beam nSec Annealing for MOL & BEOL Applications, Shaoyin Chen, Ultratech/Veeco
- A New Technology (ALProTM) for Depth Profiling of Electrical Properties at Atomic-Level Resolution, Abhijeet Joshi, Active Layer Parametrics
- A Quick Look at 14-nm and 10-nm Devices, Dick James, Siliconics
- Atomic Level Material and Device Analysis for FinFET and Nanowire Design, Victor Moroz, Synopsys
February Agenda-NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Novel Materials, Processes, and Devices for Future Generation Electronics
- Mechanisms of Plasma Therapy (Plenary Talk), David Graves, UC Berkeley
- Large-Scale, Thin-Film Battery, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
- Inkjet Printing for Manufacturing of Flexible and Large-Size OLEDs, Jeff Hebb, Kateeva
- Rapid Materials and Device Innovation for Non-Volatile Memory Applications, Larry Chen, Intermolecular
- BEOL Interconnect Innovations for Improving Performance, Paul Besser, Lam Research
- Nanoscale Chemical Imaging & Topography with Photo-induced Force Microscopy, Thomas R. Albrecht, Molecular Vista, Inc.
July Agenda-Advances in Implantation & Anneal: 2017
- Smartphone Market Driving 7nm & 5nm Node 3-D Devices and Stacked Devices, John Borland, JOB Technologies
- Ultra-Shallow Junction Formation on 3D Silicon and Germanium Device Structures by Ion Energy Decoupled Plasma Doping, Y. S. Kim, Lam Research
- Junction formation in Ge by co-implant and pre-heating techniques, Takashi Kuroi, Nissin Ion Implant
- Low contact resistance on p-SiGe junctions with Ga implants and laser anneals, Fareen Khaja, Applied Materials
- PLAD advances: Hot n-type implants and Control of sidewall doping, Deven Raj, Applied Materials
- Perspectives on low-energy ion (and neutral) implantation, Michael Current, Current Scientific
October Agenda-Diverse Topics: PV, GaN, etc.
- Achieving 100% Residential Renewables in Hawaii with Solar & Multi-Storage, John Borland, JOB Technologies
- Hydrogen Implant and Cleaving to Unlock Previously Untapped Solar Real-Estate, Mingguo Liu, Rayton Solar
- High Productivity Low Cost Ion Implant for Solar and Beyond, Lisa Mandrell, Babak Adibi, Arun Karamcheti, Intevac Inc.
- Study of Mg Implant Damage in GaN using RBS channeling, TEM & Atom Probe, Udit Sharma, EAG
- Ion Implant Applications to Enable Advances in Semiconductor Technologies, V.K. Rao, Applied Materials