February Agenda-NCCAVS Users Group Joint Technical Symposium
- Next Generation Energy Storage Technologies, Subramanya (Subra) Herle, Applied Materials
- Solid-state Thin Film Batteries Take a Page Out of the 3D Transistor Play Books, J.R. Gaines, Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Advances and Challenges with Rechargeable Lithium-Air Batteries, Dave Sopchak, Coulombic, Inc.
- Peak Power Impact on Battery Cycle Life, Naoki Matsumura, Intel
- Directly Converting Heat to Electricity using Compact, Microfabricated Thermionic Devices, Jared Schwede, Spark Thermionics (N/A)
- AlN-based Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting, Mary Ann Maher, SoftMEMS (N/A)
- Tribute to John W. Coburn, David Graves, U.C. Berkeley
- How to Make Manufacturing of LEDs Truly Green, Prasad N. Gadgil, Atomic Precision Systems
- GaN HEMT Electronics for Extreme Environments, Saleh Kargarrazi, Stanford XLab
- Conversion Technologies for Generating, Transmitting, and Storing Energy, Joint Users Group Technical Symposium
- Selection of Battery and Charging Algorithm to Extend Battery and Cycle Life, Naoki Matsumura
November Agenda-PAG & TFUG Student Symposium
- Using Paschen curves to determine DC plasma sputtering conditions, Calvin Chen, Dirar Mashaleh, Corey Abraham, Abdul Kikhia
- Achieving high aspect ratio deep trench etching, Dylan Benjamin, Aditya Dhaketa, Alexander Cress, Briana Fees, Gautam Pisharody
- Managing particle formation in plasmas, Curtis Ma, Samuel Yeung, Simran Singh, Michael Walker, Muhammad Tariq, Charleston Chua
- Ensuring substrate uniformity at the edges of the substrate in large diameter processing tools, Zachary Rayha, Harjeet Hansi, Stephanie Villavicencio, Yanghyeon Kim
- Designing gas injection systems and showerhead design for uniform plasma deposition, Andy Giang, Raul Gonzalez, Yifu Chen
- Using diagnostic instruments to develop the next generation of plasma etch/dep tools, Artem Biryukov, Riley Foss, John Scheckel, Janaye Marshall, Crystal Pereira, Zhe Mi
- Showerhead Design for Uniform Plasma Deposition, Yifu Chen, Andy Giang, Raul Gonzalez, San Jose State University
- Edge Non-Uniformity in Plasma Processing, Harjeet Hansi, Zach Rayha, Stephanie Villavicencio, Yanghyeon Kim, San Jose State University
August Agenda-Workshop on Atomic Layer Etching (ALE)
- Perspectives on Recent Advances in Atomic Layer Etching, Alok Ranjan, TEL Technology Center, America, LLC
- Computational Modeling as a Tool to Optimize and Understand the Atomic Layer Etching Process, Chad M. Huard and Ankur Agarwal, KLA Tencor
- Mechanisms for Thermal Atomic Layer Etching, Steven M. George, University of Colorado
- Methods to Enable Plasma Etching of Transition Metals With Atomic Scale Precision, Nathan Marchack, Benjamin Walusiak, Keith Hernandez, John M. Papalia, Sebastian U. Engelmann and E. A. Joseph, IBM Research Division, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
- Atomic Layer Processes to Enable the Atomic Scale Era, Robert D. Clark, Alok Ranjan, Kandabara Tapily, Kai-Hung Yu, Jeffrey Smith, Angelique Raley, Sophie Thibaut, Subhadeep Kal, Daniel Newman, Steve Consiglio, David O’Meara, Kaoru Maekawa, Aelan Mosden, Anton deVilliers, Peter Biolsi, Trace Q. Hurd, Cory S. Wajda, Peter Ventzek and Gert J. Leusink, TEL Technology Center, America, LLC
June Agenda-Joint User Group (CMP, PAG, & TFUG) Meeting: Advanced Packaging Technology
- Monolithic Integration of GaN Sensors and Electronics for Harsh Environments, Dr. Caitlin Chapin, XLab (Not Available)
- Equipment and Process Challenges for the Advanced Packaging Landscape, Laura Rothman Mauer, Veeco Instruments, Inc.
- Heterogeneous Integration Needs Heterogeneous Package Assembly, Annette Teng, Promex Industries
- Fan-out IC Packaging Trends and the Impact on Equipment Capital Structures (e.g., Wafer Processing Versus Traditional PCB Styles) Today and in the Future, Jon Woodyard, SiPAQ, LLC
- Low temperature, low damage plasma technologies for advanced packaging applications, David Lishan, Plasma-Therm, Inc.
February Agenda-NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Process, Materials, and Technology Innovation for Smart Devices, Displays, and Internet of Things
- Reliability for the 21st Century: Meeting Challenges of New Technologies and New Markets, (Plenary Talk) Milena Vujosevic
- Development and R2R Scale up of a Hybrid Printed CMOS Silicon TFT Process, Patricia Beck, Thin Film Electronics
- Tool Design Considerations for Advanced Atomic Layer Deposition, Duane Bingaman, Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Electron Heating in Sputtering Magnetrons, Andre Anders, LBNL, Leibniz Institute of Surface Engineering
- Plasma-based Thin Film Depositions: Applications, Limitations, Our Improvements, and Case Studies in Battery, Photovoltaic, Non-volatile Memory, and Medical Devices Applications, George Guo, Ascentool Inc.
- Can a New Materials Innovation in Thin Film Optical Applications be Faster and Cheaper?, Guowen Ding, Labforinvention Corp.
- A Quantitative Approach to Optical Emission Spectroscopy, Frank Papa, Gencoa
- Thin Film Roadmap for Solid State Li Metal Batteries, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
- Solid-state Thin Film Batteries in 3D, J.R. Gaines, Jr., Kurt J. Lesker Company
February Agenda-NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Novel Materials, Processes, and Devices for Future Generation Electronics
- Mechanisms of Plasma Therapy (Plenary Talk), David Graves, UC Berkeley
- Large-Scale, Thin-Film Battery, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
- Inkjet Printing for Manufacturing of Flexible and Large-Size OLEDs, Jeff Hebb, Kateeva
- Rapid Materials and Device Innovation for Non-Volatile Memory Applications, Larry Chen, Intermolecular
- BEOL Interconnect Innovations for Improving Performance, Paul Besser, Lam Research
- Nanoscale Chemical Imaging & Topography with Photo-induced Force Microscopy, Thomas R. Albrecht, Molecular Vista, Inc.
- Material Innovation for Non-Volatile Memory Selectors, Larry Chen, Mark Clark, Charlene Chen, Milind Weling, Intermolecular
September Agenda: Advances in Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
- Use of Plasmas in Atomic Layer Deposition Processes, Mark J. Sowa, Veeco – CNT
- Atomic Layer Deposition of Ferroelectric and Threshold Switching Materials for Next Generation Nonvolatile Memory, Karl Littau, Intermolecular Inc.
- Dopant-Rich Films on Si: A New Frontier For Thermal ALD Processes, Michael I. Current, Current Scientific
- Atomic Layer Deposition with Activated Species: Applications in Gallium Nitride Power Devices and Silicon-Based Artificial Photosynthesis, Professor Paul C. McIntyre, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University (presentation N/A)
November Agenda: Patent Strategy and Mechanics, and What Comes Afterward
- Nuts and Bolts of Getting a Patent, Dan Flamm, Microtechnology Law & Analysis
- Alice in Wonderland Patentland, Richard T. Ogawa, Ogawa, P.C.
- Developing an International Patent Portfolio, Will Chen, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Monetizing Your Patent Assets: Turning Paper into Gold, Duane Mathiowetz, Foley & Lardner, LLP