November Agenda-PAG & TFUG Student Symposium
- Using Paschen curves to determine DC plasma sputtering conditions, Calvin Chen, Dirar Mashaleh, Corey Abraham, Abdul Kikhia
- Achieving high aspect ratio deep trench etching, Dylan Benjamin, Aditya Dhaketa, Alexander Cress, Briana Fees, Gautam Pisharody
- Managing particle formation in plasmas, Curtis Ma, Samuel Yeung, Simran Singh, Michael Walker, Muhammad Tariq, Charleston Chua
- Ensuring substrate uniformity at the edges of the substrate in large diameter processing tools, Zachary Rayha, Harjeet Hansi, Stephanie Villavicencio, Yanghyeon Kim
- Designing gas injection systems and showerhead design for uniform plasma deposition, Andy Giang, Raul Gonzalez, Yifu Chen
- Using diagnostic instruments to develop the next generation of plasma etch/dep tools, Artem Biryukov, Riley Foss, John Scheckel, Janaye Marshall, Crystal Pereira, Zhe Mi
October Agenda – Advances in Display Technology
- High yield equipment enables profitable OLED manufacturing, Dr. Xuena Zhang, Applied Materials
- Reliability Assessment of Rotary Sputter Targets in PV Manufacturing, Dr. Venkata Bheemreddy, MiaSole Hi-Tech Corp.
- Large Area Magnetron Sputtering, Ready and Waiting for Gen 10 and Beyond, Peter Sieck (Not Available)
June Agenda-Joint User Group (CMP, PAG, & TFUG) Meeting: Advanced Packaging Technology
- Monolithic Integration of GaN Sensors and Electronics for Harsh Environments, Dr. Caitlin Chapin, XLab (Not Available)
- Equipment and Process Challenges for the Advanced Packaging Landscape, Laura Rothman Mauer, Veeco Instruments, Inc.
- Heterogeneous Integration Needs Heterogeneous Package Assembly, Annette Teng, Promex Industries
- Fan-out IC Packaging Trends and the Impact on Equipment Capital Structures (e.g., Wafer Processing Versus Traditional PCB Styles) Today and in the Future, Jon Woodyard, SiPAQ, LLC
- Low temperature, low damage plasma technologies for advanced packaging applications, David Lishan, Plasma-Therm, Inc.
February Agenda-NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Process, Materials, and Technology Innovation for Smart Devices, Displays, and Internet of Things
- Reliability for the 21st Century: Meeting Challenges of New Technologies and New Markets, (Plenary Talk) Milena Vujosevic
- Development and R2R Scale up of a Hybrid Printed CMOS Silicon TFT Process, Patricia Beck, Thin Film Electronics
- Tool Design Considerations for Advanced Atomic Layer Deposition, Duane Bingaman, Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Electron Heating in Sputtering Magnetrons, Andre Anders, LBNL, Leibniz Institute of Surface Engineering
- Plasma-based Thin Film Depositions: Applications, Limitations, Our Improvements, and Case Studies in Battery, Photovoltaic, Non-volatile Memory, and Medical Devices Applications, George Guo, Ascentool Inc.
- Can a New Materials Innovation in Thin Film Optical Applications be Faster and Cheaper?, Guowen Ding, Labforinvention Corp.
- A Quantitative Approach to Optical Emission Spectroscopy, Frank Papa, Gencoa
- Thin Film Roadmap for Solid State Li Metal Batteries, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
February Agenda – NCCAVS Joint Users Group Technical Symposium: Novel Materials, Processes, and Devices for Future Generation Electronics
- Mechanisms of Plasma Therapy (Plenary Talk), David Graves, UC Berkeley
- Large-Scale, Thin-Film Battery, Ernest Demaray, Demaray LLC
- Inkjet Printing for Manufacturing of Flexible and Large-Size OLEDs, Jeff Hebb, Kateeva
- Rapid Materials and Device Innovation for Non-Volatile Memory Applications, Larry Chen, Intermolecular
- BEOL Interconnect Innovations for Improving Performance, Paul Besser, Lam Research
- Nanoscale Chemical Imaging & Topography with Photo-induced Force Microscopy, Thomas R. Albrecht, Molecular Vista, Inc.
June Agenda – Joint CMPUG/TFUG Meeting: 3D Packaging Technology
- Monolithic 3D Integration Using Standard Fab and Standard Transistors, Zvi Or-Bach, Monolithic 3D Inc.
- Reliability of ultra-fine RDL Structures in Advanced Packaging Patterned by Excimer Laser Ablation, Markus Arendt, SUSS MicroTec Photonic Systems, Inc.
- CMP and Current Trends Related to Advanced Packaging, Robert L. Rhoades, Entrepix, Inc.